He will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- he have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- he is performing a contract with you for our services; and
- he has legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), Mark Johnson is the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact him us via email.
1. Personal Data we collect via our website https://markjohnsonauthor.com (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide to us
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
|Activity||Types of Personal Data Collected|
|When you sign-up to his mailing list for updates, new release notifications, and free book offers.||Email address|
Information on activity related to newsletter behaviour, such as opening or clicking on links.
|Surveys on Google Forms||Non-identifying responses to questions asked|
|When you subscribe to his facebook messenger bot||Your facebook profile name|
|When you leave a comment on the blog||Name|
Webpage URL if entered
Any Personal Data which you provide to us in the comment text
|When you complete the contact form||Name|
Any Personal Data which you provide to us in the free text box of the form
Data that we collect automatically
Mark automatically collects certain information when you visit our Website – such as the type of browser and operating system you are using, and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We do not link this information with any Personal Data.
If you do not wish this site to store cookies, you can change this option in your browser settings. It will not significantly affect your use of this site.
2. Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of this website;
- respond to your questions, comments and requests;
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from him, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
- improve the service and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
Mark takes your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
He shares Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note he has appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom he shares Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
Mark has implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. He maintains physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and its services are aimed at adults, and Mark does not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by emailing email@example.com
- see what Personal Data held about you (if any), including why he is holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
Mark will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please email.
If he needs to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, he will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows him to do so.
Our full details are: Mark Johnson
Email for Privacy Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org